Communication Skills (CS)
- Is to introduce English Language and range of communication methods, used in the service in order to develop sound communication skills.
- General English, Basic Grammar, Public Speaking and Presentation Skills, Effective Writing Skills, Introduction to Service Writing, Rules and Conventions of Service Writing, Service Correspondence, Service Papers, Agenda and Minutes Writing, Review Writing.
- Lectures, Presentations, Mock Exercises and Discussions
- Case Studies, Assignments and end of the module examination.
- Service Writing Manual of Sri Lanka Air Force, John Langan, “Sentence Skills”, Richard W. Clark, “Effective Speech”, Wren & Martin, “English Grammar & composition”.