- Is to prepare the Student Officers to do an independent study pertaining to a Defence/National level issue through investigating a theoretical or practical problem following scientific and Methodological procedure and to come up with a rational solution for the problem.
- A report not exceeding 5000 words excluding tables, figures and annexations should be submitted by the end of 11thth week of the course.
- A series of lectures and review conferences are conducted with the aim of providing Theoretical Knowledge on Research Methodology. Subsequently, Student Officers should submit a comprehensive proposal for the study for which the approval of the board of study of the Junior Command and Staff College is required. The student will have to carry out approved study proposal under the supervision of appointed supervisory Directing Staff.
- The final report submitted would be evaluated by two examiners appointed by the study board. The viva-voice will be held followed by a presentation as the final assessment of the report.
- Training Notes on Research Methodology, Kothari C.R., “Research Methodology”.